Thursday, January 28, 2010

GREETINGS FROM THE HOMELAND!

Hi global scholars! I'm in Israel..enjoying the nice weather. It's nice to be out in shorts and a t-shirt again. I wonder what the weather is like in Wisconsin? lol I spent the day in Turkey yesterday and saw a Mosque, Cathedral, and ate in a traditional Turkish restaurant. I was amazed at how easy it was to get a turkish visa. I literally gave a man $20 in return for a sticker in my passport and was immediately able to roam the country. They have delicious coffee and a fabulous hot drink consisting of honey, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and some other 'secret' ingredients. It was a great treat in the snowy weather. Fortuantely Israel is warmer! I hope to bring the sunshine back with me. It's 2am, I'm going to sleep! I'll write again shortly.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment